Username:

Password:

* TFW Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wenchie: miss everyone
    February 10, 2018, 07:36:14 AM
  • Krisper: I'm here, lurking. Sorry for not posting, just haven't gotten any sparks lately. Winter sucks. :(
    February 09, 2018, 08:21:03 AM
  • Wenchie: where is everybody
    February 08, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
  • soldier: sounds like christmas was good to yall then
    January 03, 2018, 06:47:27 PM
  • soldier: you set it up perfect. i will try to get some things worked on.
    January 03, 2018, 06:47:07 PM
  • Wenchie: I hope the return for Ragnar was set up alright :)
    January 03, 2018, 06:22:34 PM
  • Wenchie: Boo! I see you!
    January 03, 2018, 06:22:07 PM
  • Wenchie: did good, working on house now, made out pretty well, so did my son :)
    January 03, 2018, 06:21:52 PM
  • soldier: it was good, the kids made off like bandits, how about yourself
    January 03, 2018, 05:26:21 PM
  • Wenchie: have a good holiday?
    January 02, 2018, 07:34:02 PM
  • Wenchie: COol, glad ya loiked it -
    January 02, 2018, 07:33:49 PM
  • soldier: I love what you did, I will get replies in as soon as I can
    January 01, 2018, 09:16:02 PM
  • soldier: Nice wen
    January 01, 2018, 09:06:42 PM
  • Wenchie: woot woot, found out I am 12% Viking and 14% Irish/Scottish! (the latter I was told I had none in the fam)... there was a full report, but I thought it was sooooooooo cool! Wanted to share! Happy New Year!
    December 30, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
  • Wenchie: Hope you guys had a happy thanksgiving and a great black friday (I stayed home on the latter one and cooked an 11.5 lb ham :) )
    November 26, 2017, 07:25:57 AM
  • Wenchie: I won't be around tomorrow, traveling to the coast to be with family. Happy Thanksgiving!!
    November 22, 2017, 10:08:44 PM
  • Krisper: Happy Halloween everyone! Sorry for the Houdini act on my part as well. I have also not forgotten about yall! Will try to get back in the swing of things soon.
    October 31, 2017, 08:18:08 AM
  • soldier: Hey everyone, i know i have been promising to post, and i been slacking on that promiss greatly. Things have just be crazy in life, and i have not forgot about any of yall!
    October 24, 2017, 06:02:29 PM
  • Wenchie: My heart goes out to Las Vegans being from Orlando, I know this pain and fear all too well
    October 02, 2017, 07:56:34 AM
  • soldier: Yeah ipads aint that fun! I have to use one in class, and its a pain to try and navigate.
    October 01, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Author Topic: Iberian Peninsula: Showdown at the Bae-tica Corral  (Read 448 times)

Offline Narrator 1

• Vassal
Iberian Peninsula: Showdown at the Bae-tica Corral
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:46 PM »
Combining from Snow Flurry and Fight for...

As the Viking forces made their way to the port nearest Baetica, the ensanguined sunrise represented the battle that had already taken place and the one that would define the viability of the Iberian Peninsula.  The people of the area barricaded their doors and windows as they heard the strange sounds of the supernatural warfare that was no longer being hidden from them. They covered their heads and the eyes of their children as grotesque figures began to set up  and entrench themselves in the land in preparation for what was coming. A few were unnerved by what the sky was turning to be while most were invigorated by it. By the way the Archon's army moved and set up for the battle to come, the value of the human lives had already been determined. The force awaiting the Vikings and Fallen heading their way consisted of six elite trained Laboria, twelve Uru, thirteen Beliran, and seventeen Toran. The imps were already sent back to Hades' palace to secure what he found to be precious.  In the back of the semi-circular formation, Qui'zat, Raffiki and Zachriel arguing over what should be done. Zachriel well knew what was coming if he could not change the series of events. He did not want to see the destruction of any part of his family, but if he could at least minimize it, that would be the optimum outcome.

The farmhouses just west of Baetica were set aflame, those that were still left inside were deemed less than chattle, while those considered high blooded or good blooded were shuttled off to the local church made temple well outside of Baetica and to the north and locked inside. This land is plentiful, its life could be squandered, so unbalanced and so much chaos would be reeked if this war went unchecked. As in the lore of Hades, everything he touched could turn to ash and soot from his corruption, literally bringing Hell on Earth. Those neither put away for safe keeping or slaughtered to send a message of fear in the area had already grabbed up what they could and tarted to scatter to the winds. Those traveling west were doomed to become slaves of a Marakine government, those north toward Frankia the same unless they could sneak passed, those south, and due east would find the water if they didn't stop.

With the absence of the Fallen Guardian of Gibraltar, this Archon had remained hidden and unchecked after the murders of his family members and built a good size army for one that remained hidden on earth. But would it be enough to withstand the wrath of this Fallen and his blood kin? Would the humans survive this onslaught? Would Baetica be salvageable, or would its heir-apparent order the scorching and salting of the earth?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:23:56 PM by Wenchie »

Offline Persephone

• Vassal
    • Persephone
Re: Iberian Peninsula: Showdown at the Bae-tica Corral
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
Mariangela had been sleeping when the fight broke out. Her body was coming in terms and in sync with the triplets inside her. She slept soundly for the first time since her thirteenth year of life right before Quiz'at had her mother murdered and took her from Gibraltar to Lisbon, first as captive, then as slave, then as student, then as partner. It had been the chaos inside her that had drawn Quiz'at in her direction, something that Osvaldo and the Ahriman incubi couldn't understand. There were already so many female Fallen that would have jumped at the chance to rule the Iberian Peninsula at his side.

It had been decades since she last heard her name and the last time was from Zachriel who was subsequently forbade to ever see her again. Just his vocal rendering of her birth name set her training, more like brainwashing, back far enough that Quiz'at's plan to start working on creating a family with her by a couple of years. Now however, it seemed that her conditioning was set in granite as she began to toss and turn as she began to feel Quiz'at's unrest.

Closest to the dawn, Mariangela sat up in the bed she and Tofi had taken to sharing since Remi disappeared and looked around breathing heavily while gripping the sheets to her chest. "My husband... what have you done?" Her words spoken in the traditional Portuguese, twisted enough from the Spanish that the man who gave her the children in her belly. Her eyes looked down to that very belly as she worked to catch her breath. She could feel the link fading between them, but it wasn't releasing his grip on her psyche yet.

She didn't find this male beside her, therefore she believed it was safe for her to attempt to leave this place and return to the man she had been programmed to believe was her legitimate spouse. She slipped from the bed and looked for her clothing, or at least something to cover herself. But Mariangela would fly through the sky without a stitch upon her body if she could not find where her clothing had been placed or something that had been given to her to replace her clothing.

Offline Tofi

• Vassal
    • Tofi
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:36:53 PM »
Tofi had been lax these last few weeks. It wasn't until both Cyrus and Lucretia and didn't return that Tofi took notice. Then finally came the odd smell in the night air, a smell he hadn't smelled since Thor brought him here: burning wood, thatch and flesh. He woke an hour before the woman carrying his first children even stirred. The smell brought back memories he had long forgotten, or put aside to be more exact. He entered the bedroom he had been sharing with the one known as Persephone to the enemy, Valkyrie to him and checked on her. She was still sleeping, but his attention was brought to the large flowing sheers that parted just enough to show no less than three fires in the distance.

His feet then moved toward those sheers and didn't stop until they were solidly on the balcony. His eyes scanned the horizon and he counted no less than five fires already started. Speaking in Norse, "They ruin the earth. Typical and wasteful." He watched as some of the town folk came up the path. He did not deny them access to the property, but they were not given access to the mansion, not yet. Being mindful of what was going on outside let him miss the awakening of the winged female. It was her voice and the strange tongue that she was speaking that brought him out of his thoughts and stupor. He looked back inside, then moved to her side of the bed and sat beside her stopping her from getting out of the bed all together. "No woman. You are safe here. Not out there." Speaking in Norse at first, then Spanish after realizing she didn't understand him, or at least completely.

His hand slid down to her belly to indicate what he was trying to protect. The beginning puppy love was gone, he needed to get to know her first to call her wife, but for now, he would call her what he needed to to keep his children in his presence. He worked to calm her as a variety of loud noises occurred for a few seconds, moving his hands to cup her face when she jumped. The flames outside caught her attention and danced in her enlarged pupils. He tried to read her emotional state to see if he could trust her so that he could go finish preparing the mansion for a potential siege.
I am the embodiment of my family's patriarchs.

Offline Persephone

• Vassal
    • Persephone
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 11:40:11 AM »
Persephone did calm down a bit, but she would not remain in bed as Tofi wanted. She rose to use the chamber pot then seek out food. Persephone was starting to show her true nature, defiance against anyone that wasn't Hades. Still she didn't know her real name as it had long been programmed out of her, even if it was deep, very deep within the recesses of her mind, just as her programming was.

Finding Remy, she pulled him away from helping the human peasants to tend to her needs. This should have been a clue to Tofi that she knew him from elsewhere. Remy was the only on there she thought she could trust. Remy however, was working for the family this building belonged to, and in essence, for Rome as well as the Byzantine's best interest, which Persephone's mate was not.

Remy, slightly annoyed with being pulled away to cater to the spoiled rotten Fallen consort of his former master's master, brought together a platter of food, one that would serve he and Tofi well by the time she finished it. He made sure to lace it with an herb that would render Persephone compliant through sleep. Once he prepared her food and drink, Remy reminded her that in her condition she should rest after eating to help the child's growth and well-being in her womb. He left her in the sun room, with four mortal guards he'd conditioned to guard her with their lives. The only times they were to lay hands upon her was to either carry her up to the master bedroom or to stop her from heading toward the raging fires in the distance.

Remy, after approximately thirty minutes, returned to directing the fleeing townsfolk toward the back of the property, to the servants' quarters to hide. Those who were just passing through to try to get the Frankia or further, he would direct through the property in the most hidden path possible, a path that Cyrus and his father used to watched over Lucretia over the years.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:41:48 AM by Persephone »

Offline Tofi

• Vassal
    • Tofi
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »
Tofi was far from annoyed with the woman that carried his children and he held his temper until he found she was eating and relaxing, believing that she was doing as he asked and planned to stay in the house. When Remy came to him with the plan to help curb her desire to rush out into the battle without training, though Remy didn't tell him why she would want to do so, Tofi agreed. He took it into his mind to plan to actually have her trained by Loki as the Valkyrie she should have been raised as.

Tofi, left toward the back after that, toward the altar he had set up to Loki and had been praying and laying out sacrifices of cooked livestock and vegetation. He brought his weapons to bare as he came before it and knelt in prayer to the great god Loki for a win in battle. He also prayed to have the woman carrying his children brought north to protect her from the demon scum that was now pushing to gain control of Baetica as they had nearly taken control of the rest of the peninsula. Little did he know how potent his prayers would be as he left the guards in play to take care of his childrens' mother and to head into battle to stop the slaughtering of Baetica's people and the domination of what was left. The demons would not take this place from him as well as they had taken what he thought was his entire family, village and so forth, that led Thor to bring him here.

Offline Persephone

• Vassal
    • Persephone
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 10:51:56 PM »
As Persephone began to feel faint, she had one of the guards help her upstairs to the master bedroom to lay down to rest. She would, unbeknownst to her, be out for several hours, long enough to remove her from the situation. From the north, the sight of one of those posing as the Nnorns was alerted by Tofi's prayers. With Heimdahl currently out of commission, his wives would have to take up the slack. Being children of Loki, they could not alert and send their father south to his youngest remaining advanced human descendant. So they did what they felt the next best thing was, especially since he was so very close. Even though this was mostly against the orders of the All-Father, they were not explicit in telling him to stay put next to Frigga's side. One of the twins would remain with her at all times, even during training so they could ensure her safety and progression until the All-Father returned, and hopefully with their Grandmother.

Sending Cyril down south was a risky move especially with two of the three of their newest trinity would be away from the north to protect it. Cyril was not happy about walking into his father's territory, or at least region, and he knew it might alert it, but there was something that he also knew: His father would not interfere with his missions to ensure his own demise wasn't exaggerated. Once he got the particulars, Cyril was far from happy that one of his uncle's followers and descendants had been transplanted elsewhere. Within that time of sleeping, Persephone would be transported from the Iberian Peninsula to a stronghold of Loki's choosing, to keep her both safe and in place. Running with an Obed in one's belly was not the safest thing in the world, or two worlds. In her place, on the bed a trickster coin was left so that Tofi would know where she was off to and where to come and find her when the battle was over.

Persephone: To the North

Offline Tofi

• Vassal
    • Tofi
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
The burly Viking showed no fear as he trod through the crowd rushing onto the estate to escape the battle of strange creatures that had been knocked out of their mortal skins to use their highest form of power, including flight if needed. One might think that he was insane and being what he was, not seen very often down here on the Iberian Peninsula, it would be considered damned near close. A Viking Berserker was not normally seen any longer in the newer generations, or what was more likely is they were cut down or captured before they could develop their skills as fighters.

Tofi's mind led him to continue his path toward the largest cluster of fires as Remi worked to get the citizens away from the center of the mansion and, unknown to him, to rip down Loki's altar before more devastation than was likely already going to happen. Remi lost his own life however when Cyril came to withdrawal the beautiful Persephone and he tried to stop it. He found that Tofi's family was no joke and wasn't fully, or in this case, not at all human.

It was after Remi was killed that the people flooded the mansion, though not finding all the hiding spaces Tofi had used to hide over the years that it was believed that Lucretia and Lourdes, as well as the twins were dead. The house was nearly destroyed trying to hold so many, and of course and unfortunately, anything of value that was not marked with the Meridius or Bodaus sigils was stolen.

It was near the first fire that Tofi's senses were set afire and his self control began to wane. The smell of demonic flesh and blood came to his olfactory nerves and his own eyes nearly looked demonic themselves. His pupils dilated completely making his eyes look almost pitch and his twin battle axes began to twirl slowly. As the first of the three with the demonic flesh came into his targeting senses, Tofi let out a battle cry as he had the day he thought his sister, with child, was cut down. Stomping forward, his battle axes were expertly swung in the direction of the Beliran demon, slicing skin, though nothing off at first. For the next ten minutes, this Viking warrior would receive several lacerations before he beheaded the demon and moved on in search for the next. "By Loki, By Thor, By Baldur and Odin, I shall cut all of you down before I drink with them in Valhalla!" A single lucid moment before his feet began to rush toward the next target as the others he knew not were coming began to arrive.

Offline Narrator 1

• Vassal
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »
The fighting commenced rather abruptly as the Fallen force made their way north toward Baetica. Trajan Vanko held near perfect and complete control of his new acquisition, showing the perfection of archery that would be related to the Aesir blooded/God Ull, Norse God of the Hunt. He however, against the wishes of Ragnar stayed upon the shoreline, signally ground troops as he came across them that were sent to take from the Vikings, the twins, that were soon to be separated completed, not just by distance. The longer that Trajan held control, the more his plan and works dug deep into the core of the male twin. He could not justify having a crossbreed of three different species, even if one was lowly human, but pulling forth a strong demonic blooded human as a servant on this side of the veil so long after they left with Aziza, this could prove worthy of note.

Raffiki and Qui'zat started their battling as Tofi found his way to the camp. Arguing over when to go get Mariangela and who should, with Runi egging on the prideful, self-centered, egotistical demon equated to him. The only reason Runi was there and hadn't escaped again, was that he'd not been properly trained by his family and it wasn't until the opening of the Marakine Portal that he received answers he'd been looking for. Raffiki, backed by Runi, revealed that Mariangela had been impregnated by Loki, his counterpart in the Fallen species, the same Fallen that Hades and his father had stolen a female from roughly a century and a half before. This bit of information got Qui'zat so upset that his clarity of mind was compromised, This drew him out into the open and traceable by his enemies as he chased Raffiki, through the portal and into the Marakai with two of his youngling Archons in tow.

Once Runi was left alone, he finished removing his shackles and moved to help Tofi eliminate as many of the ground crew as they could, until the ground troops of Vikings and the air assault came. Tofi was severely wounded and Runi was able to pull him off to the side and work to protect him from the wrath set upon him by the Archonic master of his area. The non-Viking human troops did not last long, being mostly plump, entitled statesmen or farmers and servants not used to fighting, since most of the militia were taken to the battle to the north and east of them at the Frankish Empire border with Hispania. Runi and Tofi sent as many farmers back to their farms to protect their families only, making sure they understood this battlefield did not belong to them. Perhaps this was strange for some, but Runi had foreseen what would happen should they not stop those that shouldn't have been there were. It was already believed by Qui'zat that this area was ripe for the picking, but it truly would have been with the adult males slaughtered and the women without protectors, as compared to the Northmen, the Spaniard women were frail and lacking the ability to protect themselves.

Runi was able to stop Byrghir and Naos after they lost the rest of their squad to the battle, seven young Fallen perished versus the near ten fold of that in the Archonic camp, to inform them of what was foreseen. There was a foreboding in Runi's voice as he spoke to them.

The All-Father has punished the Keeper, my Father, for his silence in regards to my mother.
He will not be able to protect the border for what could come.
Thor walks the thin line of balance, between light and dark, but Raffiki could well push him over the edge.

An Ancient, unknown to our kind, will address the middle son of Fire on behalf of a lost human of our lands.
The human was punished to walk the earth until he has completed the penance of his family.
This human could ally our family in a manner foreseen for naught against our enemy because of our honor.

A secret, not even known by the All-Father, could come to light to the Lord of Balance.

Raffiki will barely escape the grasp beyond the portal, with his life.
His life could be lost if not found by his mother and one resurrected for Ragnarok.
He like the middle son is in danger of falling to the darkness.

Naos, be gentle with the family you never knew and the one that raised you for this day.
Oalfr may yet be needed to stop Thor from falling to the side that will change the course of his fate forever.
Your mother, my dear nephew, has returned, though not in the same shell as before.
She is as fierce, just in a body with less fortitude.

Byrghir, what you will find when returning home with cause you great pain and anger.
Your Father will understand, I know that is not what you want to hear.
One of deception more perfected than your father will damage the heart of one so close to your heart.

The Lady of the North has regained some of her memory.
I pray however, it may not be in time to save the Lord of the North from the darkness of the Odin-sleep.
With my reunion to the north, to the Lady, she will have a day of clarity before it the truth of our Fall will come to pass.

At the end of the telling, Runi sent Naos and Byrghir to the next steps of their missions. This could prove to be difficult for Naos and Byrghir as they would pass along through the portal to the Marakai, also, for the first time. Finding David on their own or even Raffiki with the portal shooting them all over the Marakai and not being detected by Archonic Forces would be most skillful. They were able to make it through together, but with a signal, they quickly flew apart to find their respective targets: Naos hunted for Raffiki and Byrghir hunted for David.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:13:38 PM by Wenchie »

Offline Narrator 1

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:43:23 PM »
As they passed across the portal barrier, all those passing through, not limited to, but including Qui'zat and Raffiki, David, Byrghir, and Naos, found themselves in different provinces save the first pair as they were locked in a near wrestling hold with wings flapping. There was another that passed through to the Marakai, but not using the portal... He used the secret way that not all Fallen and Archons know about. Qui'zat were lucky in many respects as they landed in the northern portion of Airis-Ivis, near North Island. They battled and Raffiki was near beaten to a pulp, but he wouldn't let Qui'zat go back and get himself killed by those he was told to be his family for his crimes.

While Raffiki found Runi to be both eccentric and slightly insane, he found that Runi was quite accurate in things that he foretold, especially in regards to the lineage of the Northmen Fallen. Runi had confessed to him just who Mariangela was sired by and Raffiki had knowledge of his Fallen, though not in the fashion that Runi had stated, but once he came to the realization that Mariangela was his aunt, there was a new fire lit beneath him. But it wasn't Raffiki's destiny to either kill or maim Qui'zat. As the pair flew through the portal entwined, they crashed into something much larger than either of them. The low growl that was emitted was not anything they had heard before and suddenly there were three of them, two much smaller and correctly assumed as much younger than the one that called them. The pair were grabbed up and yanked apart, Raffiki being thrown to the ground near a hundred meters away from where they were grabbed, but Qui'zat on the other hand, was thrown to the other two. A hiss and Raffiki found himself flanked by two demons he had seen before, young Archons. In Raffiki's native tongue the large demon told him to leave and in the Archonic tongue he ordered the two younglings to ensure his departure from the Marakai and back to earth.

The Ancient knew that his presence would be noted if he stayed far too long, but he knew there were more coming that he needed to take care of. The low growl came back, but it was more of a bestial hum as he worked to connect fully with his Beast, Mawrath-Vori. Rarely did he press the link between them, he warned Maeve from doing it far too often. Nearly distracted by the two younger Urandrum in training, he ordered them to take the prisoner to one of his favorite dungeons and leave him there until he was ready to torture him.... Oh and they had better keep him alive, even if barely. At the end of the hum, David was directed in his direction and he waited. He was tackled by the incoming Fury ready for battle. The anger running through David for the atrocities committed by Qui'zat would not subside easily. And while Mawrath forewarned Trajan there was one more that crossed through by a flash of such, Trajan, in Urandrum form, a form he might have seen as the illusion Trajan put up to scare a good number of the Archons but most certainly the solid form of the demon that stood watch when David fell to the Marakai and was nursed back to health by a human for a short while, took the brunt of David's anger, until David could not go much further. Finally Trajan was able to give the illusion of speech to the Fallen nearly as old as he. "Stop Fallen. Vanko has spoken of your honor, not once, but twice now. It is time for you to return to your people. The impetuous Archon that thought to defile his own laws will be dealt with. If he is not executed by the council for his crimes, I will have Vanko deliver him to you personally."

It was not until David was near unconsciousness that Trajan even bothered to speak to him. It was then Byghir found the pair and came in, flying as if he too would tackle the beast kneeling over his prone uncle. Trajan however rose and was able to snag Byrghir's arm, to throw him to the ground a few meters away. The low hum came once again, though he spoke to David a final time, "Go with that one before the Archons realize you have returned and brought others with you." He moved out of the way as Byrghir tried to rush him again. "Take him home boy," was growlingly snapped at the nephew of the one he'd met before in various other forms. After that Trajan found his way back to the Vikings and his new acquisition without being spotted. He made sure to give himself a way to explain his absence, such that he scouted ahead to the Gubernatorial mansion to make sure they weren't walking into a trap. Byrghir would take David out of the Marakai, but he kept his uncle hidden, first taking him to Odin's home to be healed if needed, using his ability to mask himself from his father, and those with him. Once David was healed enough to move about on his own, he would sneak him back to the Thunderer's Halls IF David wished.  The only thing they had to worry of, which the Ancient did not reveal he had done, was the small passage of blood into David's system from his own. This would allow his ability to heal to accelerate and be much more efficient and for the Ancient to keep  tabs on him. The Ancient could do much more, but he did not need David yet. He would much rather have control of the seer that took over the girl, which is where he would head to next... as he headed back to the Vikings' last position on the Iberian Peninsula.

Naos found himself in the north heading toward Vaxjo in his search for Raffiki. He dispatched the larger of the two Archons  as Raffiki battled the smaller of the two, but was almost fatally wounded and was lost in the snow flurries. Here Naos would find himself face to face with more of his family... family he'd not known.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:13:06 PM by Wenchie »

Offline Narrator 1

• Vassal
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:44:07 PM »
Back on the Iberian Peninsula, Trajan would return and be found in the Gubernatorial mansion under a dead demon as he had returned to human form. The Vikings would clear out the rest of the town form the river to the mansion. Tofi would pick up and toss the demon off Trajan, smack him to wake him and bring the boy to Trajan as well. The Vikings would take a 3 day respite before heading back to the boats. This was to make sure that there were no straggling demons from Qui'zat's camp and the truly rest. But the Vikings would not go back to their homeland by way of the sea. It would be arranged by the elder children, Ragnar's nephews, that the rest of the party would be couriered up to the last leg of the voyage, passed Mercia, settling them in the waters that led to Kattegatt before they would branch off and report in. Knowing the mandate that as many of the family return for the high Festival and that Uppsala was already a short distance from Kattegatt, they would do everything in their power to ensure that Odin's mandate be fulfilled.

The Iberian Peninsula's fate would come under the jurisdiction of the Urandrum until Caesar passed judgment. Trajan used the time away from the rest of the Vikings to ensure that Benny would no longer be influenced by his twin and that their link was severed. Benny's body chemistry also completed the change that Trajan's blood invoked, which in the long and short run helped his twin. It would not take long for Trajan's mandates and mindset when it came to power to fill Benny's mind and soul. Tofi would not be released any time in the near future, and while Benny didn't know that Tofi was expecting a woman to given birth to the next true line of the Lykke, Benny was far from pleased by the four children that Tofi had with a few of the noble land owners daughters as payment for keeping their lands as safe as possible over the time he and Sora were on the run from the Archons. The mothers of his children would become servants in the household because in their culture, these women were now worthless, as their virtues were no longer in tact. This would save face for the women and their families and this left only one option for Benny when it came to matrimony to a local noble, though that was not a path Trajan wanted for Benny. He wanted Benny to have a wife of a stronger stock.

Trajan would get Benny to Rome within a day of the Vikings being airlifted back north, to be seen by the High Legatus, High Senator and Caesar. A full report with statistics would be given, which included the standing army, almost nil, but survivors from the north where the Queen and her family were murdered, were being housed and cared for. One tenth of the legion remained.  A military outpost was being made in Baetica of one of the land noble's properties, as he and his family were murdered by the demons and the lands backed up to the river, making it very strategically positioned for protection. Benny petitioned Caesar, the military leader and the Head of the Senator to be placed as permanent Governor of Baetica. he sited the following reasons:

1. Born and raised there,
   2. Already has the trust and respect of the remaining land owners,
   3. Trained by his father to take over in the case of his father's death, and
   4. Most of the adult males were murdered. leaving untrained adult females besides Benny.

Benny also let them know he knew it was not common practice to put someone so young in charge of a large province, but he already knew the lay of the land, its people and knew he could bring them together to rebuild the Iberian Legion and repair the lands around them to ensure the Iberian Peninsula is finally safe to travel to and from. He gave them the estimate of a year to be ready to house an entire legion in Baetica if necessary, or along the path to retaking Hispaniola. The traveling that was required will only take a few days versus months with Trajan at the helm. The governing of the Iberian Peninsula, mainly Baetica, was temporarily given to Benny until Caesar could send the needed number of governors to take over the positions left behind by the murder spree committed by the demonic forces that fanned out from Lisbon, Portugal.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:14:03 PM by Wenchie »

Offline Wenchie

• Storyteller
  • King/Queen
    • The Eternal Night
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »

Ragnar and Vikings to: [/size]Kattegatt
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Everyone is free to move to their respective threads (Tofi will make an appearance later)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:29:26 PM by Wenchie »
Creation and Destruction: Two sides of the same coin, though I prefer creation!